Karen Hoglund Photography | FAQ
Curious Siamese catCurious Siamese cat

Where do you take the photos? 
Photography sessions are held in the convenience of your home or dog's favorite park. I find that pets are most comfortable in their own environment.

Where can I see samples of your printed work? 
I have wall art on display at Vida Veterinary Care, Ark's Pet GroomingPaw School, Evans East Animal HospitalWash BarkThe Lark and Uptown Fluff. I will bring samples of albums, canvas, metal prints, etc. to your planning session so you can get a hands-on feel for the quality.

What if my dog is high energy? 
I enjoy spirited dogs because they are so expressive! However, it's helpful if they know basic commands. A long walk before the photo shoot helps take the edge off energy levels.

What if my pet is shy?
I'm very patient with shy cats and dogs. Sometimes we have to wait for everyone to feel comfortable with me and my equipment. Don't worry if your cat hides under the bed the whole time. If that happens, I'll come back at no charge. 

My dog needs to stay on-leash. Are outdoor photos possible?
A common concern is people wanting to keep their dogs leashed for an outdoor photo shoot. Even though it may appear that dogs are off-leash in my photos, it's usually because I've removed the leashes in post-production (a.k.a. Photoshop). Check out my blog post on retouching out leashes. 
leash removal denverleash removal denverexample of leash removal

How much time do I need if I want to buy a gift for a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc.)?
You need to plan at least a few weeks ahead. My calendar fills up so don't procrastinate scheduling a photo shoot date. Once your photos have been taken, it takes 2 weeks for them to be edited and retouched. After that, you will select your photos and I'll send your order to the photo lab ASAP. Most products arrive within 2-3 weeks. If you have a specific request, just call me and I'll let you know if I can accommodate it. I will try and squeeze you in because I love being part of fun gifts!

How can I buy a gift certificate?
Call 720-238-3337 or e-mail me and I'll custom design a gift certificate for you.

What can I make with my pet’s photos?
You can purchase prints, canvas wraps, metal prints, albums, greeting cards and more. I will help you select the sizes and styles to fit your home or gift-giving needs.

Bedroom wall art displayBedroom wall art displaybedroom photo ideas

Where can I buy your greeting cards?

I have a shop on Etsy where you can buy my cards. You can also order custom cards of your own pets after you have a photo session with me!

I want to see more of your pet photos! How can I get news and updates from you?

Subscribe to my e-newsletter.


Google + 




Call 720-238-3337 or e-mail me to reserve a photo shoot in the Denver area.